Divine Fingerprints--Glory In The Firmament

Glory in the Firmament

Anthem One--Part 2 of 2
Psalms 19: 1b

Then, David says, “and the firmament shows His handiwork”.  I have never walked where David walked.  And, it is certain he never walked where I do today.  I have never been to Israel, and I think it safe to assume David never saw the color and beauty of the Colorado, Rocky Mountains.

As I look out the living room window of my cabin, I look up a little over 4000 feet to the tallest mountain peak in Colorado.  Mt. Elbert rises 14, 433 feet into the blue, cloud painted Colorado sky.  And, a few miles to the north Mt. Massive rises 14, 421 feet toward the heavens.  These majestically towering monuments are joined by more than 40 companion peaks in the State that exceed 14, 000 feet.  Each of these is capped year round with snow and ice as pure white as the fluffy clouds that pass over head.

When I consider the handiwork I see today, I wonder if v. 1 might have been rendered any differently if David would have seen what I am trying to describe.  Even so, there is no doubt Who is responsible for such magnificent wonder.  The same YHVH that set the stars in place in Genesis 1: 3-5 established the firmament in vv. 6-7 when He said, “Let there be a firmament in the waters and let it divide waters from waters”.  And, it was Jeremiah that said in 10: 12, “He has made the earth by His power, He has established the world by His wisdom, and stretched out the heavens at His discretion”.

Until our Lord stands up and says “enough is enough”, and puts an end to all things, it will be as the psalmist said in 93: 1, “Surely the world is established, so that it cannot be moved”.  The beauty of the stars in the heavens, and majesty in the firmament, will continue to give glory and honor to their Creator.  It will be as Paul told the Romans in 1: 20, “For since the creation of the world, His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse”.

From the beginning of time, and before, to the end of time, and after, it is and will be as the psalmist began 93: 1, “The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed, He has girded Himself with strength”.  Therefore, I say as the psalmist in 97: 1, “The Lord reigns; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad!”  In a fitting conclusion to this verse, I do with affection that which I always try to do—lift up my Lord, Yeshua, my risen Messiah.

In prophetic language, the writer of Proverbs says in 8: 27-29, “When He prepared the heavens, I was there.  When He drew a circle on the face of the deep, when He established the clouds above, when He strengthened the fountains of the deep, when He assigned the sea to its limit, so that the waters would not transgress His command, when He marked out the foundations of the earth, then I was beside Him as a Master Craftsman…”  And, John said in 1: 3, “And all things were made through Him, and without Him (Yeshua, our Messiah and Living Word) nothing was made that was made”.

When considering the infinite nature of the majesty and dominion of our Lord, consider the question of the psalmist in 8: 4, “What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him?”  The answer to that question may be known in time.  However, most important is our response to His offer through Matthew in 11: 28, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest”.  Surrender to His benevolent grace, bow before His wondrous Majesty, and He will chase the storm clouds that bind you—leaving you gloriously encouraged in Him.

Click Here To Continue In The 19th Psalm

No comments:

Post a Comment