Valley of Baca--A Faithful Response

A Faithful Response
(Part 2 of Three)

As hard as it may seem, the words of Job in 19: 25-27 give us a guiding light and precious comfort, by way of praise.“For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth; and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God. Whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!”

It is a faith exemplified by the Psalmist in 116: 5-8. “Gracious is the Lord, and righteous…return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. For You have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.”

It is a faith by way of praise offered by Hezekiah in Isaiah 38: 17. “Indeed it was for my own peace that I had great bitterness. But You have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption, for You have cast all my sins behind Your back.”

This king is an example for all that walk “the Valley of Baca”. Hezekiah continues in vv. 19-20, “The living, the living man, he shall praise You, as I do this day…the Lord was ready to save me; therefore we will sing my songs with stringed instruments all the days of our lives, in the house of the Lord”. His tears became tears of joy. And, he drew others into that joy with him. What a blessed magnetism!

Click Here For More Psalms 84 Treasures

No comments:

Post a Comment