Rembrance of Providence--Gentle Reminders

Chapter Twelve
Remembrance of Providence

Psalms 84: 8b. “Hear my prayer; Give ear, O God of Jacob!”

Gentle Reminders
(Part 1 of Three)

The Psalmists use in 84: 8 the phrase, “…hear my prayer; give ear…” We hear and understand the precious promises of our great God of Israel. Yet, in our finite, human condition, we cannot but help letting our doubt creep into our verbiage. The Psalmists here are no different. They know their Lord will never leave or forsake them, yet they must utter such phrases of humility, for their benefit, to remind Yahweh of His promises.

Yahweh says in Leviticus 26: 40-43, “If they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their fathers…in which they were unfaithful to Me, and that they also have walked contrary to Me…if their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, and they accept their guilt—then I will remember My covenant with Jacob and My covenant with Isaac and My covenant with Abraham I will remember”.

The land that is ours, the very land of our personal being, has been laid desolate because of disobedience since the day of Adam—walking in our own judgment. Yet, a turning from our ways to His ways garners the blessed promise of our Lord, as He continues in v. 45. “But for their sake I will remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God: I AM THE LORD!”

It is our shepherd king, David that so eloquently portrays this life-giving repentance. He sings in Psalms 25: 4-5, “Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me”. This shepherd bowed him self low before His God. He sang in vv. 6-7, “Remember, O Lord, Your tender mercies and Your loving kindnesses, for they are from old. Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; according to Your mercy remember me, for Your goodness’ sake, O Lord”.

When we humble our selves as did David, we have YAH’s comforting favor. Yet, it was different for the people of Jeremiah that refused to humble them selves before Yahweh. YAH says of these people through Jeremiah in 14: 10, “Thus they have loved to wander; they have not restrained their feet. Therefore the Lord does not accept them; He will remember their iniquity now, and punish their sins”.

Click Here For More Psalms 84 Treasures

No comments:

Post a Comment