Tsiyon Bound

"Tsiyon Bound"; From the album "Tsiyon Bound"
by DannyLee ben Israel

From my “Tsiyon Bound” album, I have chosen a few of the great songs to highlight. I think it is appropriate to close that selection with this song that is the closest to my human heart. It is also the closing song on the album, and the title track.

I may never be able to adequately describe the feeling I had in my heart with the completion of this album. Every step of the way, from the penning of "Tsiyon Roads" to the Tennessee recording session, to the writing of my thoughts for this forum, the entire project has been a tremendous source of satisfaction and joy--both in the battles and their ultimate victories.

The completion of this album project was affected with the help of many within my scope of friends. If it weren't for their influence and prayers, this album might still be little more than just a simple wish. Of those friends, it seems very fitting to recognize a very special friend--my best friend--that played a significant role in the production of this album.

Many times, she would listen to me sing these songs and act as a caring coach. She would make suggestions related to accent and pronunciation. Sometimes, it was the changing of words or whole lines, as she did in "Tsiyon Roads" and "White Horse Rider in the Sky". Other times, it was just her constant encouragement when I wasn't sure I could complete the project. This song features the voice of my covenant partner, SueJean.

YHVH said in Genesis 2: 18, "It is not good that man should live alone. I will make a help-meet comparable to him". There aren't enough words to express the joy I felt in having SueJean stand at my side in that Tennessee studio and sing our rendition of this well known Johnny Cash/June Carter duet “Jackson”. With her in my life, the loneliness I once felt is now past history. I feel completed, empowered to be the man YHVH intended. Only time will tell how far the scope of that empowerment will reach.

Johnny and June stood together in the Spirit of YAH's words regarding Adam, and carried the message of their music throughout the world for over 35 years. In like Spirit, SueJean and I will stand together and carry the message of our songs for as many years as YHVH has in store for us, wherever HIS desire may be.

In these last days, it is critical that men of the great YHVH stand up and be men. It has been said, "Behind every good man is a good woman". Those words are very true--IF the lady in question doesn't try to mold her man into HER idea of what a man should be. I would challenge each lady, whether single and looking, or married to let YHVH mold him according to HIS purpose and ideals.

I would submit a thought for consideration. Truly, a man that is single is a lonely man; we men are just wired that way. However, a man that is married, and still lonely, is lonely indeed. Ladies, you play a very important role in the life of your "Man of the Great Yahweh". In the line of a popular Country song, "Stand by your man; help him be all that he can be"--even if you may not totally understand him, or the ways YAH leads him.

June Carter Cash was a terrific role model. If she had not chosen to stand by her man, Johnny would likely never have become the "American legend" he did. I close with June's words as quoted in the book, "Cash", by the editors of the Rolling Stone. "I chose to become Mrs. Johnny Cash. I decided I would allow him to be Moses, and I'd be his brother Aaron, holding up his arms and padding along behind him". For the ladies that understand the depth and magnitude of this lady's statement, they and their husbands will be encouraged and blessed accordingly--indeed!

"Tsiyon Bound"
Danny Lee Whittle
To the Tune of “Jackson”—Lieber, Wheeler, Bexhill Music Corp., Jerry Leiber Music, Mike Stoller Music (ASCAP)

We got saved from sin’s fever, t’was hotter than a pepper sprout.
We’ve been talkin’ ‘bout Tsiyon, ever since HE called us out.
We’re bound for Tsiyon with HIS peace all around.
Yeah, we’re bound for Tsiyon. Here we come Tsiyon town.

We’ll go on over to Tsiyon. There to live in Spirit health.
We played our hand on the Son of Man. HIS fools there gain Spirit wealth.
Yeah, we’re bound for Tsiyon (Uh-Huh) so bright and fair.
Honey, we’re gonna snowball Tsiyon YAH’s praises to share.

When we breeze into that city, ‘fore HIS throne we’ll stoop and bow.
All them angels gonna teach us the Lamb’s song so we’ll know how.
We’re bound for Tsiyon, devil let go of our coats.
Cause we’re bound for Tsiyon. Good-bye that’s all she wrote.

We’ll be laughing when in Tsiyon. We’ll be dancin’ with the Holy King.
HE’ll lead us round town, hear heav’nly sounds as strains from angels sing.
Yeah, Come on to Tsiyon while you still can.
So we can live together in Tsiyon in HIS Promised Land.

Mmm Well now we got saved from sin’s fever, t’was hotter than a pepper sprout.
We’ve been talkin’ bout Tsiyon ever since HE called us out.
We’re bound for Tsiyon and that’s a fact.
Yeah, we're bound for Tsiyon; ain’t never comin’ back.

Well, we got saved from sin’s fever, t’was hotter than a pepper sprout.
We’ve been talkin’ ‘bout Tsiyon, ever since HE called us out…


© 2009 Danny Lee Whittle and DannyLee ben Israel – All Rights Reserved Worldwide

No comments:

Post a Comment