The Sparrow and Swallow

Section Two
The Blessed Dwelling Place

Chapter Three
The Sparrow and Swallow

Psalms 84: 3. “Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young—even Your altars, O Lord of hosts, My King and my God."

As dawn breaks over the little valley garden, a gentle breeze courses through the trees and across my face. With the refreshing smell of pine in the air and melodious sounds of birds greeting the new born day with song, I sense the presence of Yahweh, El Shaddai, as He walks in the morning mist.

As darkness slowly fades in favor of morning light, flora awaken. Clothed in colors of the rainbow, their aura reminds me of the sweet aroma of the Lord’s presence. As the first rays of morning light cast their life giving beams over a protective mountain peak, the garden teems with the vibrant presence of the Lord.

As the flora rise up, turn their faces toward the morning light, and bow their heads to drink in the blessings of each ray, I humbly bow before the altar of YAH’s presence and cry out in my soul, “O Lord of hosts, my King and my God”.

This actual experience has stood in my memory for over forty years, to ever remind me of the gentle presence of my Friend and His loving kindness. As I walk through this life, I realize I am but a wayfaring stranger. My home is not of this world. But, in the radiant presence of Yahweh, Shalom, I am very much at home within His beautiful courts such as this one. And, when it comes my time, I will walk forever at His side. Then and there, unabated, I will drink the pure beauty of His presence.

As the Psalmists say in these few words, the birds of the air have found a home within the courts of their Maker. They have built nests, even to the altars, and there joyfully raise their young. They come and go with unabated freedom. The joy of the Psalmists as seen in their eloquently written hearts desire to be in the presence of YAH is obvious. I challenge each of us to do the same. Take time out of a busy routine and fly as the sparrow and swallow into the glorious presence of our God. Then, be marvelously encouraged!!

Click Here For More Psalms 84 Treasures

No comments:

Post a Comment